Emerging thin film technology
Department of Chemistry, School of Chemical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology
Affiliation: Department of Chemistry, School of Chemical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology
Address: No. 2 Linggong Road High-Tech Zone, Dalian, P.R.C, 116024
2001 ~ 2005 B.S. in Chemistry, Lanzhou University
2005 ~ 2007 M.S. in Materials Physics and Chemistry, Tsinghua University
2007 ~ 2010 Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Tsinghua University
2010 ~ 2012 Postdoctoral Fellow, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
2012 ~ 2013 Assistant professor of Dalian University of Technology
2013 ~ 2016 Associate professor of Dalian University of Technology
2016 ~ presentProfessor of Dalian University of Technology
1) The third generation solar cells
2) Electrocatalysts and photocatalysts, single atom catalysis
1) Ti1–graphene single-atom material for improved energy level alignment in perovskite solar cells, Nature Energy, 2021, 6, 1154 - 1163.
2) Flexible perovskite solar cells with simultaneously improved efficiency, operational stability, and mechanical reliability, Joule, 2021, 5, 1587 - 1601.
3) Interpenetrating interfaces for efficient perovskite solar cells with high operational stability and mechanical robustness, Nature Communications, 2021, 12, 973.
4) CNT-based bifacial perovskite solar cells toward highly efficient 4-terminal tandem photovoltaics, Energy & Environmental Science, 2022, 15, 1536-1544.
Abstract for Presentation
2D perovskite layer for mechanical enhancement and defect passivation of high efficiency flexible solar cells
While great progress is being made towards improving the power conversion efficiency (PCE) and the operational stability of perovskite solar cells (PSCs), little attention is being paid to their mechanical reliability, which is particularly important in the case of flexible PSCs (f-PCSs). Here we have grown in situ low-dimensional (LD) metal halide perovskite (MHP) thin capping layer over the 3D MHP light-absorber thin film in f-PSCs to improve their mechanical reliability. This results in f-PSCs with unprecedented, simultaneous improvements in PCE (21.0%), operational stability (T90 800 h), and bending durability (T80 20,000 tension-only bendingcycles), where T90 and T80 refer to retention of 90% and 80%, respectively, of theinitial PCE. These synergistic virtuous effects are attributed to the LD MHP capping layer enhancing photocarriers extraction, providing protection against the environment, and 'sealing' surface flaws on the 3D MHP thin film. The latter reduces the propensity for cracking in bending, which results in improved environmental stability and bending durability.
 Qingshun Dong, Min Chen, Yuhuang Liu, Felix T. Eickemeyer, Weidong Zhao, Zhenghong Dai, Yanfeng Yin, Chen Jiang, Jiangshan Feng, Shengye Jin, Shengzhong (Frank) Liu, Shaik M. Zakeeruddin; Michael Gratzel, Nitin P. Padture*, Yantao Shi*, Flexible perovskite solar cells with simultaneously improved efficiency, operational stability, and mechanical reliability, Joule, 2021, 5(6), 1587-1601.
WELCOME TO CHINA TO ATTEND THE ICANS
23-26 August, Nanjing, China
Connect with us: